Tuesday 24 November 2009

Friends in High Places

We seem to getting all sorts of support from some really great people at the moment – all very encouraging!

I met Michael Palin, who is now the President of The Royal Geographical Society (I’ve been a Fellow since 1994) last weekend and told him all about the expedition and he very kindly sent me this message for the team:

Hi Jim,

It was all a bit mad at the Explore Weekend, but I think I promised you an endorsement for your Ice Warrior Arctic Pole Expedition.

Learning to travel the hard way is not only the best way, but it’s also the most memorable. I greatly admire all of you for having a go – believe me you won’t forget the experience.

Good luck,

Michael Palin

Today I received an email from our Patron Sir Ranulph Fiennes for the team:

Jim informs me of just how hard you are working to get this expedition off the ground which is something, as you might imagine, I can really appreciate. The fact that I am your Patron makes me very proud so do keep up this tremendous effort. I know you will reap all the rewards in the end.

Very Best of Luck Ran

I wonder who’ll be next?

No comments: